Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My everything

Tell me I mean something
More than just some girl
That underneath this clam shell
I am actually a beautiful pearl

Tell me you care about me
That you'll never leave me alone
Tell me when there's a problem
I'm the first one you've got on the phone

Tell me you'll smile in the hall
Everytime you pass me by
Tell me I can be your girl
And you can be my guy

Tell me you love my smile
And that you love to make me happy
Even if that means writing me something
That's oh so sweet and sappy

But I want the truth

So tell me you've never loved me
Tell me I'm just some stranger
Tell me it was stupid of me
To put my heart in that much danger

Tell me I shouldn't have taken that chance
Tell me I was dumb
Tell me that it's not your fault
My heart's completely numb

Tell me I don't mean anything
Tell me you don't care
And no matter how much I have to be
It doesn't matter that I'm always there

Tell me I care too much
That I need to find someone new
Tell me that I had no chance
I should've never tried for you

Tell me that chasing perfection
Was too much for me to take
Tell me that I'm just another girl
Another heart for you to break

Wouldn't be the first time
I wasn't good enough
But after everything I'd been through
I thought I was tough

I thought I could take this
Thought I could stand the pain
But the water falling down to Earth
Is way more than rain

It's the tears of my past
Being washed away
God's trying to tell me something
I want to know what he's trying to say

Is he saying it's time for me
No, he's telling me something more
He's trying to tell me
That I don't need this pain anymore

That I deserve better than regrets
I should feel more love than sorrow
I need to stop looking back
And start looking at tomorrow

I wish I never felt it
But maybe it's for the best
I'm just so exhausted
I just need some rest

A break from the sadness
A chance to try again
But not try for you
I won't go somewhere I've already been

You hurt me to my breaking point
I thought that was it
But I know now that I can forgive
But I will never forget

I am very cautious now
I stay away from you
Once you were my everything
But I was nothing to you

I'm sorry if this hurts you
But I had to say it soon
And yes I'll still think of you
Everytime I see that moon

Those days I thought someone loved me
I know now I was wrong
This isn't where I'm supposed to be
But there's somewhere I belong

You meant the world to me
But I don't regret anything
Love was something new to me
But I'm still unsure of the meaning

Someday I will understand
But until we meet again
I want you to know that I gave up
But that doesn't mean you win



                                                                                                                         -Shannon Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment